Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Allow me to reintroduce myself.

So just to give a little history of this blog I started it back in 2013 for a class during my senior year of college and I kind of let it die after that because I didn't take the time to continue. Now someone is gonna ask why didn't you keep going well let me give you my back story:

Shortly after graduation I moved to Salt Lake City to pursue a career in the journalism field and eventually found my way to the Tooele Transcript Bulletin in Tooele, Utah, about 45 minutes from SLC. While there I worked as a staff writer covering the city government and other local events around Tooele, however what looked like a promising start to a career turned into a world wind two years in my life. How you ask? Well it started when my dad got diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and I made the difficult decision to leave my career and move back to my home town of Las Vegas, Nevada. Once in Las Vegas I bounced around from working at KTNV channel 13 to the Tipple A Las Vegas 51's to teaching at my old high school.

After my dad passed away in March of 2014 I made the decision to become a teacher to try and give back to those who had supported me during a difficult time and that lead me to Mountain View Christian Schools Leadership Institute. During my year of teaching I had the pleasure of rediscovering my passion for sports and sports journalism. I found this with the opportunity to announce, do play-by-play, and coach football and baseball.

So what does all this mean for this blog? Well I will be writing hopefully two or three blog posts a day about college and professional sports. Some of the topics covered will be sports betting, now by no means do I consider myself the best at picking sports games but all I do is watch sports, listen to sports and read twitter to get the best updates I can possibly get my hands on. I'm also a huge Pittsburgh sports fan so a lot of what you'll read will probably have to do with those teams.

In addition to the blog I will also be shooting a few youtube videos a week to go along with the blog.

So I hope you all enjoy the return of the Sports-aholic!

No comments:

Post a Comment