Sunday, April 28, 2013

Story 1: Brad Sorensen Pre Draft


With the NFL Draft scheduled to begin Thursday in New York City, all eyes will be on the NFL world to see what player will be selected by their favorite team in the first round.
However, one player in particular will be looking to make history for SUU.
Record-setting quarterback Brad Sorensen has a chance to be the first player drafted into the NFL from SUU.
“I have no idea where I’m going to get drafted or where I’m gonna go,” Sorensen said. “I just want to finally figure out where I am going to live and work the next couple of years or however long it lasts. No matter what, you have to go in and compete and that is what I plan to do.”
Sorensen is currently projected to be drafted anywhere from the third to seventh round of the draft, but the buzz he has created for the program could have a reaching impact no matter where he gets drafted.
SUU has had several players that have gone undrafted and still have had success in the NFL, most recently wide receivers Nick Miller and cornerback Dion Turner.
“I have no idea where I’m going to get drafted or where I’m gonna go. I just want to finally figure out where I am going to live and work the next couple of years or however long it lasts. No matter what, you have to go in and compete and that is what I plan to do.” - Former SUU QB and current NFL prospect Brad Sorensen
“(Brad’s) success has been huge in terms of recruiting,” quarterbacks coach Steve Clark said. “I have probably had 120 QBs that have contacted me from around the nation and that is because of Brad and seeing him at the Combine and the All-Star game. It’s a good problem to have that many athletes interested in your program.”
Because of his success at SUU, Sorensen was invited to the NFL Combine in March, where he competed in a group with other quarterback prospects including the consensus No. 1 player at the position, Geno Smith.
“I thought it was a great opportunity to compete with the best,” Sorensen said. “To be around such great college athletes, you learn a lot and it gives you the opportunity to see what aspects of their games you can kind of take and put into your game.”
Following his senior season, Sorensen was recruited by several sports agencies, but ultimately decided to be represented by Yee and Dubin Sports, the same company that represents 2-time Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady and Super Bowl XLIV winning coach Sean Payton.
“I think the biggest name that they represent is Ed Lamb,” Sorensen said. “When I first started the process, Ed introduced me to his agent Carter Chow and from the moment I talked to him I felt like it was a great fit and the company I wanted to sign with.”
Throughout the 2013 season, Sorensen has been scrutinized by NFL scouts from nearly every team, but one in particular has shown a huge interest.
“We have had very positive feedback on him,” Chow said. “He had a great week during his All-Star game and at the NFL Combine. His pro day at the University of Utah also went well, and a team did visit with him privately after the workout.”
While Chow would not say what team held a private interview with Brad after his pro day, he said that he “expects Brad to be drafted and to compete for a spot in training camp.”
The NFL Draft “kickoffs” on ESPN at 8 p.m. Eastern Thursday night, but Sorensen will most likely go on day three of the draft on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment